Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blogging Around: Jordyn and Mackenzie

Here is my response to Mackenzie's Best of Week: Food Crisis:
Mackenzie, this is a big problem indeed. Living in Glenview, we live in our own personal bubble. Very little crime, always an abundance of water and food, great education, great transportation, access to a variety of stores are some of the things that we typically take for granted. Though global issues arise and we discuss them, alot of us never realize the importance of the issue because it never really affects us. The worst part of the food crisis for us is higher food prices. For some unlucky others, it's starvation and death. It is important to attempt to do your part in helping solve these issues. For example, one could not waste water or food, turn of the lights, use their car less, pick up trash, and recycle. It is sad that many of us will not really care to do these simple things until it is too late. When their faucet stops running, or their grocery stores are emptied, that will be the point when they will want to help. I can't say that I'm the "greenist" person, but I will try my best to preserve and protect our earth.

This is the response to Jordyn's imedia: Tik Tok:
First off, I am just as surprised as you that Ke$ha is actually a very smart teenager, because she comes off VERY trashy.
Like you, I also like this song, it is one of my favorites. Thinking about why I enjoy it so much, I have come to the conclusion that I like her singing and the beats that go with it. It's a song that creates energy and liveliness in a room that is almost impossible to resist. I agree, the lyrics to the song are quite trashy, but I think everyone enjoys them because they are simply so rediculous. With lyrics like "Wake up in the morning feelin' like P Diddy" and "Leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack [Daniels]", it's hard not to laugh.
But I definetly agree, Jordan, our culture keeps slowly getting trashier. Today, songs can't be popular in less they discuss sex or drinking,(Bonus points if both are mentioned). If you watch TV today, you'll often hear commercial's about erectile disfunction, enlarged prostates, tampons, push up bras. I can't help but chuckle when I saw an hour paid-advertisement for "Booty Pop", underwear that has padding to make a female's bottom look larger. Some of these things should just not be on television. Many teens today cannot have fun unless they get drunk, high, or do something stupid. Parents are slowly getting less involved in their children's life and decisions, giving their teens the freedom to do something they might regret. I predict that parents will continue to comprimise and allow their kids more unmonitered freedom. Eventually, our culture is going to become more vulgar and trashy to the point where it will be ok to drink and smoke in 5th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Email Me!